Sunday, December 6, 2009

SHOES!

Here's an interesting story....
Six hours into our flight home from Italy, a woman comes up from behind me and tells me she has been watching me work on my photographs since I opened my computer. She then introduces herself as an owner of a high-end wedding/prom shoe company in Maryland. She said some nice words about my photographs and then asked if I would like to shoot some shoes for her. I said, "sure", not thinking anything would ever come of it.
Surprise! She did call later... and shipped dozens of shoes to me to shoot. I was too nervous to search out and hire foot models so I asked my two youngest daughters if they would be willing to help me out. My shoe lady wanted them done outside.... within a few days. It was 31 degrees outside! Emily and Audrey were two very cold girls with goose-bumps on their legs.... But we all laughed our way through the assignment and .... they now grace the front and back cover along with several pages of her 2010 shoe catalog. Live and Learn






0 comments:

Follow me on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Randy Collier has worked in the Photographic Industry for over 30 years. He holds a Master Craftsman Photographic Degree from the Professional Photographers of America. He has been named Rocky Mountain Photographer of the Year, three-time Intermountain Photographer of the Year, and five-time Idaho Photographer of the Year. He has also received the Photoshop Guru Award from the National Association of Photoshop Professionals.

Followers

lookers